Watch 'Hocus Pocus' for free at the Athena today; Vinton County's first grocery store opened last week

News from The Post: 

Despite frigid temperatures, students, locals and visitors made the trek to Court Street to support musicians on Saturday. (The Post) 

The first grocery store in Vinton County opened last week. (The Post

Fictional works focusing on mental illnesses and suicide have been growing as a genre among teenagers. (The Post)

Good morning,

The Halloween festivities aren’t over just yet.  If you’re looking to escape studying for midterms and have a more relaxing evening, The Athena Cinema, 20 S Court, is showing the spooky classic Hocus Pocus today for free. 

Costumes are encouraged, and it’s the first time the Athena is hosting an Uptown Trick-or-Treat movie night. It’s arguably the best way to spend Halloween Eve, and it's definitely easy on your wallet. The show starts at 7:30 p.m. 

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Athens Weather

Monday will be partly cloudy with no precipitation and a high of 54 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times.

Athens football seniors played their last game Friday, losing to rival Nelsonville-York 52-26. (The Post)

Volleyball and hockey both swept their weekend games, while field hockey lost, ending the team’s season. 

You might also want to know…

South Korea and Japan debated about North Korea’s possible use of nuclear weapons. (The New York Times)

Special prosecutor Robert Mueller will issue the first indictment in Russia investigation. (MSNBC) 

President Donald Trump’s approval rating has fallen to its lowest level. (The Wall Street Journal)

@haleymit

hm566415@ohio.edu