Photo courtesy of Amazon

Fun News Friday: Amazon offers Oreo subscription boxes; Couple who met on Neopets gets married

Coming back to campus after break is rough. Here’s a dose of fun news to keep you going. 

Oreo delivery 

You can get an assortment of Oreo cookies delivered to your home every month thanks to a subscription box. A Cookie Club Subscription box includes two types of snacks, a recipe card and a piece of Oreo brand merchandise, according to Mental Floss.

Subscriptions can be purchased through Amazon in three, six or 12-month packages. The boxes cost about $20 each. What a blessing.

Win a kiss from Fiona

Fiona, the infamous hippo at the Cincinnati Zoo, is turning 1-year-old soon. To celebrate, you can win a “one-of-a-kind Fiona ‘kiss’ painting.” The winner will be drawn Feb. 8. Good luck.

Neopets leads to love 

A couple who met as kids on Neopets.com ended up getting married as adults. Kristin Andrews-Karr and Michael Andrews-Karr both joined “a role-playing guild on the site called the ‘Evil Jellies,’” BuzzFeed reported. While the two played in the guild, they both only knew each other by their usernames. 

They later AIM to keep in touch and fell in love and kept evolving their friendship as they grew up. 

"It took a long time from having talked pretty much daily when we were younger teens when he finally sent me pictures of himself and we would sneak phone calls," Kristin told BuzzFeed. 

The two ended up getting married and building a life together, proving you really can meet friends online. 

@maddiecapron

mc055914@ohio.edu