Easter candy is a staple of the holiday. (PROVIDED via Wikimedia Commons user Lotus Head)

Ranking the most popular Easter candy

The time has come for a big fluffy bunny to enter people’s house and give them candy. OK, that actually doesn’t happen, and most people just take trips to the sales aisle in Kroger.

Here are the traditional Easter candies you should buy and avoid this year:

6. Peeps

Peeps are the candy corn of Easter. They taste fine the first couple times you eat them, but they’re nothing spectacular. The different colors are cool, but why not just dip a regular marshmallow in some food coloring and call it a day? It would be way easier. 

5. Chocolate bunny

Chocolate bunnies are a very traditional type of candy in an Easter basket. There are a variety of bunnies to choose from, including cookies and cream and dark chocolate; when it comes down to it, though, it’s just chocolate.

4. Robin eggs

Another staple Easter delicacy is robin eggs. The chocolate malt ball candy is a great addition to any Easter Sunday snack. They’re crunchy and don’t have an overwhelming amount of chocolate.   

3. Jelly beans

There was a time when jelly beans were boring and no one wanted to eat them. But with more flavor options than ever, they have really redeemed themselves and surged to the top of the Easter candy business. There are even flavors based on Starbursts and Jolly Ranchers. What more could a person ask for?

2. Reese’s eggs

Reese’s eggs are probably the most popular of the Easter candies, putting them near the top of this list. Personally, the peanut butter is overwhelming.

1. Cadbury Creme Eggs

The first spot goes to one of the most hotly contested Easter candies: Cadbury Creme Eggs. The chocolate shell is just the right amount of the sweetness, and the surprising cream center is enough to fill a person up. Because the candy is so filling, you won’t eat as many and won’t feel as guilty.

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu