MCKINLEY LAW | PHOTO EDITOR

Kash.0: The Beard, the King and the Brow

It’s that time of the year where basketball fans and pundits begin to argue over the year's MVP. Last year’s winner was Oklahoma City’s Russell Westbrook. His record 42 triple-doubles probably helped him win it.

This season has been nothing short of exhilarating, with many of the league’s superstars performing at an amazing level and unbelievable highlight-worthy plays. But who has been ahead of the rest, you ask? Three men: the Beard, the Brow and the King.

The case for Houston’s favorite beard

How many of you saw this play where Houston’s James Harden straight up embarrassed Wesley Johnson with this nasty crossover against the Los Angeles Clippers? James, did you even consider sending flowers?

The Beard has put up incredible numbers all season, averaging 31.6 points per game, shooting nearly 45 percent from the field and recording 8.2 assists per game. With 48 wins and just 13 losses, the Houston Rockets hold the best record in league in a very close race with the Golden State Warriors.

For everyone who thought Harden got snubbed from winning last year’s MVP, you may very well see him hoisting the trophy this year — and perhaps a championship ring, too.

The King of the Land continues his reign

After losing to the Warriors in the last year's NBA Finals and turning 33 during this season, many thought that LeBron James would retire sooner rather than later.

With an average statline of 26.7 points, 8.4 rebounds and 9.0 assists per game in his 15th NBA season, the King is aging like a fine wine.

But it hasn’t been the smoothest year of his reign in the Land. The Cavaliers are third in the Eastern Conference behind the Toronto Raptors and Boston Celtics, holding a decent record of 35-24. However, after several major trades, we should see a different Cavs team moving forward.

And the King will continue to be the King.

The Brow unfurrowed 

It’s no secret that New Orleans Pelican Anthony Davis has been great since his college days, during which the nation first witnessed The Brow's playmaking abilities.

Lately, he hasn’t been great — he’s been an absolute monster on the court. In February alone, Davis averaged 35 points and 11 rebounds, including a season-high 53 points against the Phoenix Suns. Throughout this season, he’s been playing incredibly — averaging 28.1 points and 11.1 rebounds per game — and carrying the Pelicans without star center DeMarcus Cousins.

While New Orleans isn't a playoff lock, it has definitely got its rhythm going, and Davis has seemingly entered the MVP discussion. Even if Davis doesn’t win this year, he still has many plenty of time left to win, as he is only 24.

Akash Bakshi is a freshman studying journalism at Ohio University. Please note that the views and opinions of the columnists do not reflect those of The Post. Who is your MVP this NBA season? Let Akash know by tweeting him @akashmbakshi.