The reboot of 'Roseanne' garnered huge ratings for ABC. (photo via @roseanneonabc Instagram)

The Wrap: Trump shuts down Russian consulate in Seattle, big ratings for 'Roseanne' reboot

In the final week of March, President Donald Trump shut down the Russian consulate in Seattle, and a reboot of a popular ‘90s TV show drew huge ratings in its premiere. Meanwhile, a surprising team reached the Final Four in the NCAA Division 1 Men’s Basketball Tournament. Here’s more information on the week’s top stories.

Roseanne reboot draws huge ratings

ABC’s reboot of Roseanne premiered and drew enormous ratings.

The show garnered 18.2 million viewers during its debut on Tuesday evening. Barr, who has been vocal supporter of President Trump, said Trump called her Thursday to congratulate her on the successful premiere.

“It was pretty exciting, I’ll tell you that much,” the 65-year-old actress said during a call to Good Morning America on Thursday.

Barr’s character on the show is also a Trump supporter, leading to fictional conflict with other characters.

“The idea that people can agree to disagree is kind of missing from everything. But I think conflict resolution and agree to disagree are important things that I like to feature and talk about, and I haven’t seen much of that anywhere,” she said on GMA.

U.S. expels Russian diplomats for alleged role in poisoning incident

The Trump administration announced Monday the expulsion of 60 Russian diplomats and the closure of the Russian consulate in Seattle.

The order came in response to Russia’s alleged involvement in the poisoning of a former Kremlin spy living in the United Kingdom. European Union countries, Ukraine and Canada joined the U.S. in ousting Russian diplomats from their countries.

In response, the Twitter account of the Russian Embassy in the U.S. tweeted a poll asking which American consulate they should close.

Loyola-Chicago continues deep postseason run

The Loyola-Chicago Ramblers men’s basketball team is still writing its Cinderella story.

The team became the third 11-seed in history to reach the Final Four in the NCAA Division 1 Men’s Basketball Tournament.

In addition to their stellar postseason play, the team is also receiving attention for Sister Jean, a 97 year-old nun who is one Loyola’s most devoted fans. She has traveled with the team throughout the tournament and received considerable media attention.

The Ramblers will face Michigan on Saturday night for a spot in the National Championship game.

@Heeeeeres_Jonny

jp351014@ohio.edu