Siri glitch allows notifications to be read without unlocking; Never Shout Never is coming to OU

Today is Thursday, March 22, 2018. Here’s what you need to know:

News from The Post:

Never Shout Never is coming to Ohio University for the TBT concert. (The Post)

Bagel Street Deli's Pickle Fest is Friday. (The Post

OU has announced the four finalists for the position of executive vice president and provost. (The Post

Good morning,

If you've got a passcode on your iPhone, you might notice that Siri requires you to unlock your phone if you ask her to read your text messages.

However, third-party messaging apps, like Slack or Skype, don't require you to unlock the phone. This error, first reported by Mac Magazine, applies to devices running the latest version of iOS (11.2.6) and the beta version of iOS 11.3. It's unclear whether this is a bug or just an oversight.

Either way, you might not want to say, "Hey Siri, read my notifications," if you're not alone.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Athens Weather 

After a miserable second day of spring, today looks a bit more promising: partly cloudy with a high of 42 degrees.  (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times 

Nothing new to report.

You might also want to know:

The suspect in the serial bombing cases is dead after authorities say he drove into a ditch and blew himself up while being pursued. (The New York Times)

After what he called a "breach of trust" by Cambridge Analytica, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said the company will audit thousands of apps and restrict developers' access to personal data to avoid future abuse. (The Washington Post)

Referees at this summer's FIFA World Cup in Russia will use special edition Hublot watches that vibrate when a goal is scored and cost $5,200 apiece. (The Verge)

@alexrmccann

am622914@ohio.edu