'Black Panther' passes 'Titanic' as third highest-grossing film ever in U.S.; Qdoba to open May 1

Today is Monday, April 9, 2018. Here’s what you need to know.

News from The Post:

The annual International Street Fair took place on Saturday. (The Post)

If you aren’t registered to vote by Monday, you won’t be allowed to vote in the primary election May 8. (The Post)

Qdoba is set to open its doors on East State Street on May 1. (The Post)

Good morning,

Black Panther, the Disney and Marvel movie released nearly two months ago, passed up Titanic to become the third top-grossing movie title in the U.S., according to Billboard. Titanic acquired a gross domestic revenue of nearly $659.5 million — Black Panther surpassed that Saturday.

The top two spots belong to Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which sits at $936.7 million, and Avatar, which follows behind at $760.5 million. Black Panther has grossed $1.29 billion globally.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Athens weather

Mostly cloudy with no chance of rain. A high of 47 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times

Ohio baseball lost two out of three to Toledo on the road this weekend. (The Post)

The softball team won two out of three this weekend against Northern Illinois. (The Post)

Emily Hughes shot a 5-under-par second round to win the Dolores Black Invitational. Ohio finished third as a team. (The Post)

The Bobcats' track and field team won nine events at the Cherry Blossom Invitational in Athens. (The Post)

You might also want to know …

At least 15 people, many of them players for a Canadian junior hockey team, were killed when their team bus collided with a tractor-trailer Friday night. (The Washington Post)

President Donald Trump blames Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and his allies for a chemical attack that killed at least 70 people in the Syrian city of Douma on Saturday. (BBC)

One man died and several more are injured after a fire broke out at Trump Tower in New York City on Saturday. (The New York Times)

@_jjohnston

jj940914@ohio.edu