Amplified Observations: Goodbye — here are 11 of my favorite lyrics

Since this column marks the series finale of Amplified Observations, I thought I would have some fun and divulge my favorite lyrics. But before getting to that, I have to say that writing this column and receiving feedback on it over the last four years has made the whole endeavor worthwhile, and I’m thankful to everyone who has read it once in a while. With Amplified Observations concluded, perhaps I’ll start a blog or something to continue writing about music...maybe after the summer, at least. I’d like to thank my editors Xander Zellner, Kaitlyn McGarvey and Chuck Greenlee for fixing each of the columns up over the years. It was cool to have this creative space. I’m grateful and I hope you enjoy the final act.

"Let the pretend take over / And that season be your first" – “The First Season” by John Frusciante

"The future still looks good / And you've got time to rectify / All the things that you should" – “Think for Yourself” by The Beatles (George wrote it.)

"This remind me when I had nightmares" – “I Serve the Base” by Future

"He foaled a swollen daughter in the sauna playing contract bridge / They're soaking up the fun or doing blotters I don't know which, which, which / Boys are dying on these streets" – “Grounded” by Pavement (a criticism of the ethics of doctors)

"I’m still alive / And that’s something" – “Breaker” by Deerhunter

"You are my center / When I spin away" – “Videotape” by Radiohead

"As if it were designed / Painted in sand to be washed away" – “Third of May/Ōdaigahara” by Fleet Foxes 

"Pink and blue were dancing / Empty floor, shadows lancing / Somewhere in a ballroom tonight" – “Somewhere Tonight” by Beach House (also pretty much all Victoria Legrand lyrics)

"Eyes low, chin heavy, shoegazer / Moonwalkin’, RIP Stanley Kubrick" – “Provider” by Frank Ocean

"But as the world turned I learned life is hell / Livin’ in the world no different from a cell" – “C.R.E.A.M.” by Wu-Tang (Inspectah Deck’s verse)

"Two riders were approaching / And the wind began to howl" – “All Along the Watchtower” by Bob Dylan (credit to Hendrix’s version, too).

Luke Furman is a senior studying journalism at Ohio University. Please note that the views and opinions of the columnists do not reflect those of The Post. What do you think? Let Luke know by tweeting him @LukeFurmanLog or emailing him at lf491413@ohio.edu.