Never Shout Never will perform for the TBT concert on Wednesday. (photo via @NSNOfficial on Twitter)

Never Shout Never will play Baker Ballroom on Wednesday

Hopefully Never Shout Never won’t get into “Trouble” when the band plays at the TBT concert in Athens on Wednesday. 

The pop rock band, which has released six full-length albums, will play at 5 p.m. in Baker Ballroom. The annual event is hosted by University Program Council and is free and open to the public. There will also be free snacks and activities at the event. 

The TBT concert is usually set for later in April and has previously been held on South Beach. This year, however, is the third year the concert will be held indoors, which is probably more fitting for the cooler weather forecasted for that day. The show is meant to bring performers that will induce a sense of nostalgia for college-age students. 

In the past, UPC has brought a variety of artists, including Shaggy, Metro Station, the Ying Yang Twins and Aaron Carter, for TBT concerts, according to previous Post reports.

Kylie Gilmore, a sophomore studying retail merchandising and fashion product development, still listens to Never Shout Never even though the concert is being advertised as a throwback. She added that she can’t make it to the concert, but she would definitely go if she had time. 

Never Shout Never has almost 500,000 monthly listeners on Spotify, with “Trouble” being the band's most streamed song at more than 23 million streams. 

Liz Huber, an Athens resident, is excited to go to the show because she was a huge fan of the band growing up. 

“I knew like every single song, and I just kind of forgot about them for a while. It was my dream to meet (Christopher Drew),” Huber said. “I’m just really excited to hear music that really touched me as a kid.” 

Huber added that because the event is free, it’s awesome that so many people get to see such a huge name. 

“Everybody should dress up in their own emo scene kid attire,” Huber said. 

@_alexdarus

ad019914@ohio.edu