Allie LaForce, an Emmy-nominated reporter and anchor for CBS Sports and Turner Sports, will deliver the 2018 spring undergraduate commencement address in May. (Provided via Ohio University)

CBS Sports’ Allie LaForce will be OU's spring commencement speaker

Allie LaForce, an Emmy-nominated reporter and anchor for CBS Sports and Turner Sports, will deliver the 2018 spring undergraduate commencement address, according to a news release from Ohio University. 

LaForce graduated from OU's Honors Tutorial College in 2011 with a bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism from the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism. 

Before her career with CBS Sports, LaForce was an anchor and reporter for Fox 8 News in Cleveland. She also served as a sports anchor and host of the Emmy Award-winning football show, Friday Night Touchdown.

“It’s truly an honor to be given the opportunity to visit OU and speak to this year’s graduating class,” LaForce said in the news release. “I can’t wait to return to where it all started and share this once-in-a-lifetime experience with family, friends and colleagues.”

Early in her career, LaForce was selected for We Need to Talk, the first all-sports show hosted completely by women. She serves as a host and panelist for the show. 

Recently, LaForce covered the 2018 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship. Since 2013, she has been a college basketball reporter for regular season games on CBS Sports and the CBS Sports Network. She has also been CBS Sports’ lead college football reporter for the SEC Game of the Week for the past five years.

“Allie LaForce has quickly become one of the most respected and recognizable personalities in sports. More importantly, her professional path serves as a shining example for women looking to break barriers within the broadcast industry,” OU President Duane Nellis said in the news release. “We’re proud to call her a Bobcat.”

During her time at OU, LaForce served as a women’s college basketball analyst for the OU-owned radio station WOUB-FM. From 2010-11, she served as a sideline reporter for SportsTime Ohio’s coverage of Mid-American Conference football and the MAC men’s basketball tournament. She also served as an analyst for the station’s high school basketball coverage.

OU's undergraduate commencement ceremonies will be held Saturday, May 5, at 9:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. in The Convo.

@TF_Johnston

tj369915@ohio.edu