Season five of 'Younger' premieres June 5 on TV Land. (via @youngertv on Instagram)

5 reasons to binge watch ‘Younger’ before its season five premiere

It can be hard to find good shows to stream, especially when people are giving so many different recommendations. But if you’re looking for a show that is easy to watch and totally binge-able, look no further than TV Land's Younger

The show is filming its fifth season, which will premiere June 5. Here’s why you should binge the show before it comes back to television: 

1. The premise is relatable

The show follows Liza Miller (Sutton Foster), a 40-year-old divorcee who has to disguise herself as a 20-something to get back in the publishing business. The show hilariously blends the millennial lifestyle with that of the generations before it. Older people will learn the hippest slang terms, and younger people will LOL watching Foster’s character adjust to her new life.

2. The cast is amazing

The all-star cast includes Foster, Nico Tortorella, Peter Hermann, Debi Mazar, Miriam Shor and Hilary Duff. Tortorella and Hermann appeal to the different sides of Foster, as do Mazar and Duff. Shor is a great addition as the boss who prioritizes her career over anything else. The women are strong, and the men deliver great performances. Oh, did I mention Hilary Duff is in it? 

3. There’s ample amount of drama

There are a lot of relationships in Younger that provide a lot of drama. It’s not only romantic relationship, but also friendships. Liza has to balance her two lives, which adds to the dramatic elements. Then a character dies from a construction beam falling on them, so there’s that to look forward to. 

4. It’s critically acclaimed

The show was created by Darren Star, who is known for Sex in the City. That gives the show an instant leg up on the other television shows. The show has a 99 percent on Rotten Tomatoes and was featured on Elle’s list of best TV shows for its second season. 

5. It’s just a fun show

The characters are bubbly, and the things they go through are fun. There is never a dull moment on the show. As soon as you hit play, you won’t want to stop watching.

Younger is available to stream on Hulu.

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu