One of Becca Kufirn's group dates sent a man home after he was injured. (via @bacheloretteabc on Instagram).

TV Review: Two people were injured on ‘The Bachelorette’ — and one had to go home

There was no rose ceremony in Monday’s episode of The Bachelorette, but one guy still went home. Clay had to leave because he got injured on a group date. There was more drama than usual, and it definitely affected Becca. Here’s all that went down:

Colton comes face-to-face with one of his exes

The episode started out with a group date where the guys had to pamper Becca and her friends from Arie’s season of The Bachelor. Among the women was Tia, whom Colton had dated before coming on the show. 

When Colton walked in and saw Tia, he was shocked. Colton spent the whole date walking on eggshells and it was easy to see that he was uncomfortable.  

Becca pulled Tia aside to talk to her about the relationship. Tia said it was a possibility that Colton went on the show expecting Tia to be the bachelorette. But Tia also said the relationship didn’t bud into anything because he had applied to the show and they didn’t establish what they were. 

Though Tia did her best to reassure Becca that the situation was fine, she still wanted to talk to Colton at the after party. 

Becca was nervous going into the conversation, but Colton said he is there for her and can see potential in their relationship. 

“I think it’s very important to start this with honesty and openness because I don’t think you got that in your last relationship,” Colton said. 

The two moved on from this very quickly, and Colton even got the group date rose. There was a complete 180 in Becca’s demeanor, which was kind of jarring. 

“It feels good to finally move on with Colton,” Becca said.

Becca forgets one guy’s name

In a lighter moment on the show, Becca forgot Jason’s name at the group date. Jason’s name was announced right after Colton’s, so Becca must have been a little flustered. 

Jason didn’t see any harm in it, and said it could not have happened to a better guy because he has thick skin. 

“Please do not think twice about it,” Jason said.

Becca even confessed that she has a major crush on Jason, and who could blame her? He. Is. Hot.

David starts a feud with Jordan

While Colton was talking to Becca, the other men on the date were dealing with drama of their own. Supposedly, the night before, Jordan was talking about how he got 4,000 matches on Tinder just in 2017 and that he had a 100 percent success rate. 

OK, let’s stop right there for a second. This does not sound possible. That is a lot of swiping, and Becca tweeted Monday that she doesn’t know how Jordan doesn’t have carpal tunnel. 

David would not shut up about Jordan’s online dating success, and even told Becca about it.

“David just keeps talking to me and talking to me because he feels inferior,” Jordan said. “I should be paying rent in that guy’s head.”

Becca made light of the situation after she talked to David and even gave him a high-five. 

“Hey, Jordan. 4,000 matches? That’s a good streak,” Becca said. 

But Jordan didn’t think it was funny, and started yelling at David. Jordan sounded ridiculous, but it was David who came out looking dumb. He should have let the situation go, but it seems the guys on this season don’t know how to do that

“People that go against me just end up hurt sometimes,” Jordan said.

David suffers an injury

There was an accident in the middle of the night at Bachelor Mansion that sent David to the hospital. Blake woke up in the middle of the night to find David laying on the floor covered in blood. 

“This dude looks like he just got attacked by a bear,” Colton recalled of the night. 

Chris Harrison went to Becca’s room to tell her David was in the intensive care unit. It turns out David fell off the top bunk of his bed and busted his nose and cheek. 

Becca called him to make sure he was OK, and he reassured her that he would be back in no time and they would come up with a better story.

“You’ll just look like a badass next time I see you,” Becca said.

The promos for this week hyped it up to be a fight between Jordan and David, but that seemed too good to be true. Instead, Jordan chalked it up to karma. 

“Chickens can’t fly, and I think we saw that last night,” Jordan said referencing David’s night one outfit.

Clay has to leave

On the second group date, Becca took the men out to play football. Clay was in his element considering he is a pro football player. And just like pro players, he got hurt. 

Clay hurt his wrist while running the ball for a touchdown. 

“I got hurt playing football on The Bachelorette. That’s pretty funny,” Clay said.

Clay had to be taken to the hospital, but showed up late to the afterparty with his arm in a sling. He said he really wanted to see Becca, and she must have felt the same way because she gave him the group date rose. 

“This is 100 percent my best date ever. I’m excited to see what tomorrow holds,” Clay said.

But Clay saw an orthopedic surgeon the next day, and he had to get a surgery as soon as possible so it wouldn’t affect his career. He was torn up about what to do, and said he plays football to help his family out. 

“I know the right thing to do is go,” Clay said. “I want to stay and see where this goes because I can see us being something great.”

It is so sad to see Clay go. He was such a nice guy and Becca definitely saw a future with him. She was distraught, but admired his big heart. 

“I definitely think what I had with Becca was special, and it’s tough to walk away from that,” Clay said. “Being a man is making tough choices and hard decisions and living with them.” 

The Bachelorette airs Mondays at 8 p.m. on ABC.

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu