Via @theebrunobartlett on Instagram.

Fun News Friday: Big Bruno cat finds a home; bees swarm NYC

Whether you’re a freshman or senior, the first week of class can be overwhelming, stressful and tough. This heat doesn’t help anything either. If you’re having the beginning-of-the-semester blues, here’s some fun news from the week to cheer you up: 

Bruno, the cat everyone couldn’t stop talking about, got adopted. 

A week after the Wright-Way Rescue Animal Shelter in Morton Grove, Illinois, said Aug. 15 that Bruno needed adopted, a Chicago couple decided to adopt him, according to Mashable

“A Chicago couple — Lauren Paris, 29, and her boyfriend, Jason Bartlett — officially adopted Bruno on Tuesday. They were one of 161 applications that came in,” Mashable reported. 

I’m happy this not-so-little guy found a home. 

Hey girl #SignatureMove

A post shared by Bruno Bartlett (@theebrunobartlett) on

A bear saw a hammock and did what we all are tempted to do. 

A woman in Asheville, North Carolina, found something unexpected outside her home — a bear taking a quick nap in her hammock, according to The News and Observer

The woman said bears visit her yard frequently, but she’d never seen one lie in her hammock before. 

“It went to the hammock and got in and then fell out once,” she said to the News and Observer. “There was another bear waiting for him and he moved on. I went to the back of the house to tell my husband and when I walked back up I saw him again.” 

Thousands of bees swarmed a Times Square hot dog stand. 

Today in Weird News, thousands of bees were found on the umbrella of a hot dog stand, and the New York Police Department’s beekeepers (police departments have beekeepers?) had to go remove the bees, according to USA Today. 

“The department said about 25,000 bees were relocated to a new hive far away from the Times Square location,” USA Today reported. 

What a strange time. 

@maddiecapron

mc055914@ohio.edu