Amazon will deliver real Christmas trees this year; check out local responses to recent sexual assault reports

Today is Thursday, Sept. 13, 2018. Here’s what you need to know: 

Good morning,

Even though it’s September, it’s never too early to start prepping for the holiday season. 

If you don’t feel like lugging a Christmas tree back to your house a la Clark Griswold, Amazon has you covered this year.

For $115, the online retailer will deliver a real 7-foot Christmas tree right to your front door. The trees will be delivered in enormous boxes and will arrive within 10 days of harvesting.

Amazon previously sold miniature trees, but this is the first year the company will offer live, full-size trees.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Athens Weather 

Partly cloudy and a high of 84 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

News from The Post:

Here's how students, university officials and local police are taking actions to prevent sexual assault in light of a recent spike in rape reports. (The Post)

O’Betty’s Red Hot recently celebrated its 15th anniversary. (The Post)

The annual Pawpaw Festival is this weekend. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times: 

Saturday's football game between Ohio and Virginia has been moved to Nashville. Ohio isn't fazed by the change. (The Post

Our sports staff did a Q&A with a Virginia football beat writer for the Richmond Times-Dispatch. (The Post)

Ohio volleyball will play Kent State tonight at 7 in The Convo. (The Post)

You might also want to know:

Hurricane Florence is now expected to hit Georgia. (HuffPost)

Henry Cavill will no longer play Superman in the DC Universe. (The Hollywood Reporter)

Some tennis umpires are considering a boycott of Serena Williams’ matches. (The Washington Post)

@Heeeeeres_Jonny

jp351014@ohio.edu