A pizza bagel from Bagel Street Deli, 27 S. Court St..

Five must-eat Bagel Street Deli items that will please your taste buds

Everyone loves a good sandwich from Bagel Street Deli, 27 S. Court St. The bagel eatery is a staple of Athens culture. But with more than 70 different types of sandwiches, it can be hard to choose just one. If you find yourself in that deli dilemma, here are five bagels you can’t go wrong with:

Tom’s Turkey ($5)

First is Tom’s Turkey, the first option in the poultry section. The bagel is a crowd favorite and my personal favorite of all of them. The sandwich has turkey, lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise. My favorite way to eat it is with a plain bagel and American cheese, the way I used to eat turkey sandwiches when I was a kid. I also like to add yellow mustard on it, just for additional flavor.

Balls Deep ($6.50)

The next must-try sandwich is Balls Deep, a Bagel Street Deli original sandwich. The sandwich has meatballs, salami, provolone cheese, mushrooms, banana peppers, lettuce and Italian dressing. It is best served on a sundried tomato, asiago or garlic bagel. The sandwich is definitely my second-favorite because all the ingredients blended together are so delicious, you’ll feel like you’re eating a gourmet sandwich in old Italy.

Morning After ($5.50)

After studying for a test, going out with friends or working yourself to the bone, the next morning can be difficult with a crazy college schedule. That’s when you might want to try the Morning After, another Bagel Street Deli original sandwich. The breakfast sandwich is the best way to cure your physical or emotional hangover. The Morning After has hard-boiled egg, cheese and bacon. It is best on a plain, whole wheat or six-grain bagel.

Pizza Bagel ($5)

Though Athens is home to many amazing pizza joints, you don’t have to travel anywhere other than Bagel Street Deli to get your pizza fix. The Pizza Bagel is under the Italian section and contains pepperoni, provolone cheese and pizza sauce. It is served best on the plain or sourdough bagel. It tastes just like a pizza (maybe even better!), and it will not disappoint in the slightest.

My Big Fat Greek ($6.50)

You may have seen the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding, but have you ever tried the My Big Fat Greek bagel from Bagel Street? The bagel contains mushrooms, onions, olives, spinach and feta cheese. It is best served on an everything, garlic or onion bagel. If you can’t afford to “Go Greek” at Ohio University, just go to Bagel Street, where you can “Go Greek” for $6.50.

These bagel sandwiches are just five of many to choose from. Bagel Street also offers salads, chips and dessert items. If none of these options sound good to you, go ahead and build your own. But don’t miss out on this one-of-a-kind sandwich shop, which is sure to amaze your taste buds and — if you’re me — blow your bank account because you can’t stop eating it.

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu