Wedding dresses with pockets have become all the rage over the last few years. (Photo via @ndiblasio on Twitter) 

Fun News Friday: Cows catch crime suspect; wedding dress pockets are trending

Although it was a short week, coming back to classes after a long weekend can be disorienting. Here’s the funny news of the week for you to enjoy to start the weekend off right: 

Cattle cops 

It’s not every day that cows fight crime but after an incident in Florida, law enforcement may have found their newest animal aid. 

A herd of cows helped catch a criminal by corralling her into police officers. 

It began when the suspect was running from the cops after her car broke down, but she failed to find refuge. The herd of cattle followed and then chased her into waiting police officers, according to HuffPost. 

Intuitive flossing 

Oral hygiene is important, no matter who you are. 

This week in a British zoo, a baboon was filmed flossing its teeth with broom bristles and hair of other baboons.

This is not a new discovery, however, as primates were first spotted flossing a few years ago and studies prove that they floss for social and hygienic purposes.  

Charlotte Morgan, who filmed the baboon, said that she has observed that there does appear to be a relationship between certain personality traits and dental flossing, according to Sky News.  

A modern bride

Grooms have always had pockets in their suits, so why can’t brides have pockets in their wedding gowns?

A tweet went viral after one lady found that her friend’s wedding dress came with pockets. Now, it is the Twitter-trending topic on gender equality and a cultural shift to prioritize comfort. 

The trend has lasted for more than a few seasons, according to The Independent. 

Fearless fetch

What would you do to protect your family? Would you face a lion? That’s exactly what a dog did this week when a lion wandered into the dog’s village.

Before the canine scared the big cat away, they came face to face until the dog lunged at the lion. That act of courage was successful and the lion quickly retreated from the area.  

@sarahmpenix

sp936115@ohio.edu