Teddy is one step closer to giving birth on Thursday’s episode of ‘Grey’s Anatomy.’ (via @GreysABC on Twitter)

TV Review: Teddy returns to ‘Grey’s Anatomy,’ but it might be too late for her and Owen

In the season 14 finale of Grey’s Anatomy, the unexpected happened: Teddy Altman (Kim Raver) returned and said she is pregnant with Owen Hunt's (Kevin McKidd) baby. 

Fans probably anticipated that to be a big part of the season 15 premiere on Thursday, but that wasn’t the case. Teddy was only in the first hour of the two-hour episode, and fans were left wondering the fate of the relationship.

Last season, Owen traveled to Germany to see Teddy, and the two of them had a rollercoaster of a night. Teddy was also offered the interim chief of surgery position, but turned it down shortly after finding out Amelia Shepherd (Caterina Scorsone) and Owen are living together. Alex Karev (Justin Chambers) was then given the job.

While all of that was happening, Amelia yet again confessed her love for Owen. The two surgeons were married for a hot second, then divorced when Amelia found out she had a brain tumor. It sounds weird, but the tumor altered her feelings. Amelia couldn’t tell if the tumor is what made her fall in love with Owen, and she needed to fall in love with him on her own. 

Owen and Amelia getting back together was the worst part of the episode. The two do not belong with each other. They have too many problems to count, and Owen needs someone to reel him in. There’s no telling when Owen will find out that Teddy is pregnant, but Amelia will not be happy. 

Fans took to Twitter to talk about the relationships: 

Grey’s Anatomy airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. on ABC

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu