Ohio coach Frank Solich runs out onto the field with the Bobcats before the start of their game against Miami on October 31, 2017. (FILE)

Football: A look at payouts in the 2018 nonconference slate

The Ohio athletic department will earn $900,000 and pay $500,000 for the Bobcats' four nonconference games this season. 

So, Ohio will walk away with from the slate of games with $400,000 in its pockets. That sum was calculated based on documents The Post obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request.

Here’s a breakdown of each game:

Howard 

Ohio defeated Howard on Saturday, winning 38-32 behind a four-touchdown performance from backup quarterback Quinton Maxwell. 

The Bison — a Football Championship Subdivision, or FCS, school — were paid $350,000 by Ohio to come to Athens. In the contract, which was signed on August 20, 2014, Howard was given 500 reserved tickets. 

The contract also states that if the game was not played due to either team forfeiting, the team that forfeited would be forced to pay $500,000. Each party had access to its own radio broadcast rights, but Ohio was given the option to televise the game on a national or regional cable television network if the game was not on a national network.

Officials for the game were secured by the Mid-American Conference, and all their expenses were paid for by the Bobcats. 

Virginia 

On Sept. 15, Ohio will head to Charlottesville, Virginia, to face Virginia in their first matchup against a Football Bowl Subdivision, or FBS, school this season. The Bobcats will be paid $650,000 by the Cavaliers. 

Kickoff is scheduled for 3 p.m. and can be seen on ACC Network Extra. 

Ticket prices for the game will be set by the home team, but Ohio will be allotted 2,800 tickets to sell. 

Officials for the game will be designated by the Atlantic Coast Conference. TV rights are granted to the home team’s conference — in this case, the ACC. The radio rights for the game will be under Virginia's control, so the Cavaliers will retain all revenue. Ohio is allowed to have a radio outlet present.

Cincinnati 

For the first time since 1979, Ohio will head to Nippert Stadium on Sept. 22 to take on in-state foe Cincinnati. 

The contract states an agreement to a home-and-home series, with the first game coming this season and the next on Sept. 11, 2021. In the series, the home team agrees to pay a sum of $250,000. 

Per usual, the home team will set ticket prices and the visiting team will be allotted 3,000 tickets for sale. 

The visiting team's conference will appoint the officials, and the officials' expenses will be paid by the visiting team. Cincinnati will receive rights to authorize the telecast via the team’s rights-holder. 

Game time has not been announced for the 2018 game due to a possible national television pickup. 

UMass

The Bobcats defeated UMass last season 58-50 in Amherst, Massachusetts, in the first game of a home-and-home series. 

In the contract signed between the two schools, the home team will pay the visiting team $150,000. If one of the teams doesn’t show up to the contest, it could be required pay the other team up to $1 million.

The home team holds both the TV and radio broadcast rights for the game.

@Pete_Nakos96

pn997515@ohio.edu