'Halloween' starring Jamie Lee Curtis is set to release this horror movie season. (via @jamieleecurtis on Twitter)

Four horror movies to see this fall

Fall is right around the corner and that means pumpkin patches, warm sweaters and Halloween. To help gear up for the spooky season, here are a few horror movies coming out soon:

The Nun

This film in the Conjuring universe takes place before the four previous films. After a nun takes her own life in a Romanian abbey, a priest with a dark past and a novitiate who is about to take her final vows to become a nun are sent to investigate. The two discover an unholy secret kept by the order. They risk everything to face the dark entity that chooses to take shape as a creepy nun. This movie will be in theaters Sept. 7. 

The Predator

Predators are back and they have come to suburbia. The creatures are larger and stronger than they used to be after using special DNA to make themselves the ultimate hunters. A misfit band of ex-soldiers are pulled together with an evolutionary biologist to try to take down the predators before the human race goes extinct. This film will be on the big screen on Sept. 14. 

Halloween 

Jamie Lee Curtis comes back as Laurie Strode in this Halloween sequel. After 40 years, Laurie is ready to take down Michael Myers, the serial killer who has haunted her for years. Her prayers are answered when Myers is transported and his bus crashes, allowing him to escape. Laurie’s wish to finally kill Myers after all these years might finally be granted. This sequel will be in theaters Oct. 19. 

Hell Fest

Imagine being trapped in a massive haunted house and not knowing whether or not something is real. A group of teens face this dilemma when they head to Hell Fest, a traveling festival that is basically one big haunted house. The problem is there is a real killer walking around the festival grounds and using the carnival to hide his killings. This creepy movie will make you never want to visit a haunted house. It will be in theaters Sept. 28. 

@jess_umbarger 

ju992415@ohio.edu