Shane and Ryan revisit Winchester Mansion in ‘BuzzFeed Unsolved’s season five premiere. (via @shalexandej on Twitter)

TV Review: Shane and Ryan investigate the Winchester Mansion once again on ‘BuzzFeed Unsolved’

In the season five premiere of BuzzFeed Unsolved: Supernatural, Shane and Ryan go back to where their first ever supernatural episode took place: Winchester Mansion. In season one, episode three they spent time in the mansion investigating what is said to be one of the most haunted places in the world.

Sarah Winchester was convinced she was being haunted by spirits of those killed by rifles of Winchester Repeating Arms, a company for which her husband, William Wirt Winchester, was treasurer. Because of that, she began construction on her mansion that would be almost constant until she died in 1922. The construction consisted of dead-end stairwells, doors that opened to brick walls and a door to nowhere.

The season premiere differed from the first time they went there because this time, they spend the entire night in the house. 

Throughout the episode, they explore different rooms of the manor and explain their significance. In some areas, such as the basement, they spend a few minutes in silence attempting to make contact with any spirits. In some places they even hear voices speaking to them, but the contact never lasted long.

At one point there was even an attempt to make contact using a ouija board, which was uneventful to say the least. No contact was made, making the scene seemingly pointless. The part could have been edited out to make the episode more fun.

The season premiere was overall entertaining and slightly spooky, and left room for questions that could be answered in later episodes. Ryan and Shane’s comedic factor never disappoints and adds another layer to this series. 

Here is how some viewers reacted to the premiere on Twitter:

BuzzFeed Unsolved airs on Fridays at 3 p.m. on Youtube.

@noser_sierra

sn148317@ohio.edu