Pat McGee speaks at Graduate Student Senate. 

Graduate Student Senate: Members will receive feedback about the Health Insurance Design Survey

Graduate Student Senate will have Anna Casteel, the student health insurance administrator, present during the upcoming meeting. 

“She will be coming to talk about the Health Insurance Design Survey that went out to all students, so she will have some feedback on what the results were and what the trends are,” Maria Modayil, GSS president, said. 

Modayil said she expects there to be a lot of conversation around this survey after the presentation during the general body meeting.

GSS has not yet decided on whether or not they will support the Center for Student Legal Services, or CSLS, after Patrick Mcgee presented at the last meeting, Modayil said. CSLS is hoping to raise its fee from $12 to $15, and asked GSS for support in the change. 

There will also be one budget request the body will need to approve. 

“We are thinking about contributing to the Baker Food pantry by making these dry food goods packages,” Modayil said. “So, we are allocating $200 to buy the materials for that.” 

At the previous GSS meeting, the body approved a budget request for funding which would go toward GSS participation in the Ohio University Homecoming parade. Modayil said about $200 was allocated for supplies for the parade, and GSS spent $98.84 for it.

Modayil said they used the money to buy things like pizza, posters, sharpies, drinks and chocolate. 

GSS also approved a budget request last meeting for three people to go to National Association for Graduate-Professional Students Conference in Arkansas. This conference will begin Nov. 1 and will end on Nov. 4.  

Modayil said she got in contact with the President Duane Nellis and administrators to cover the costs of sending GSS members to this conference entirely. The money GSS was given was split between four people, the president, Graduate College, Division of Student Affairs and the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, to cover the cost entirely.

@cmwritrix 

cm335617@ohio.edu