Today is Monday, Oct. 29, 2018. Here’s what you need to know:
Good morning, and Happy National Cat Day!
Move over Fido — today is the day when man’s best friend comes in a feline form.
Even if you are inclined toward a different species, cats have this day all to themselves. Here are five fun facts about cats to get your day started:
1. Domesticated cats have been around for a long time. It is estimated that they have been here since 3600 B.C., 2,000 years before Egyptian society kicked into high gear and started worshipping the cat god named Atum-Ra.
2. Cats sleep for about 70 percent of their lives.
3. A cat named Stubbs was the honorary mayor in Talkeetna, Alaska, since 1997 until his death last year.
4. A cat’s brain is about 90 percent similar to a humans, which more similar than to a dog's.
5. The myth that cats have nine lives has no known origin, but it has been . Some think it comes from how cats have amazing dexterity and always land on their feet. Even Shakespeare used this saying in his play Romeo and Juliet.
Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.
News from The Post:
Agriculture influences the work of Albany artist Matt Wedel. (The Post)
Scores and Game Times:
You might also want to know…