The second adaptation of Stephen King’s ‘Pet Sematary’ comes to theaters April 5, 2019. (Photo via @mysantikos on Twitter)

Five new trailers you might have missed

In case you missed it, it’s movie season. The film industry is out of its post-summer slump, and movie studios are pushing for big-name releases in preparation for Oscar season. Because more movies are hitting the big screen, trailers for spring and summer releases are featured as previews. A slew of trailers came out in the last week. Here are the five best:

Aladdin

Though it’s only a teaser trailer, Disney fans have been waiting in anticipation for the arrival of the first Aladdin trailer. The live-action remake of the 1992 classic stars Mena Massoud in the title role, and that’s the only person we see in the trailer. It opens in what we can assume the desert of the fictional Agrabah. The sand Sphinx opens its mouth and we find Aladdin about to pick up the lamp. Unfortunately, we don’t get a glimpse of Will Smith as Genie. 

Glass

The long-awaited follow up to M. Night Shyamalan’s Unbreakable was hinted at the end of his other film Split. The most-recent trailer shows more of an insight into the plot, which features Sarah Paulson as the warden of an mental institution for people who think they have superhuman abilities. Glass (Samuel L. Jackson) unleashes the Beast (James McAvoy), and it appears David Dunn (Bruce Willis) will once again have to save the day. 

Pet Sematary

Adapting Stephen King novels is popular. Remaking films about King’s novels is even more popular. With It having come out last year, filmmakers are tackling the novelist’s Pet Sematary. The trailer is full of unsettling images and a score that will have you one the edge of your seat. Next time you see a horror film in theaters, this trailer is likely to pop up.

Aquaman

The DC Universe finally put out a good movie with Wonder Woman in summer 2017, but will the other standalone stories live up to the female power? Well, the franchise is going to try with Aquaman. With Jason Momoa in the lead role, the extended trailer gives more of glimpse into the superhero’s origin, including an appearance from his on-screen mom, played by Nicole Kidman.

Mortal Engines

This mysterious sci-fi, fantasy film based on a book series by the same name follows Hester Shaw (Hera Hilmar) as she tries to take down a rebel city on wheels — and it looks as bizarre as it sounds. The trailer takes on a more steampunk Mad Max: Fury Road look mixed with Treasure Planet. The reason this movie is getting buzz is due to the fact Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings) is directing. 

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu