Everything you need to know about the current Venus in retrograde

Is everything suddenly going wrong in your life? Has your communication randomly gone out of sync with those close to you? Have your relationships recently hit a speed bump? Well, Venus in retrograde is officially here. And yes, you can blame all your problems on it.

With every retrograde, social media platforms become flooded by people posting memes that project their qualms upon the current interstellar disruption. This time, it’s Venus — the ruler of love and overseer of the heart. While this may sound promising, the state of harmony and affection will reverse as Venus goes retrograde in Scorpio, the most emotionally intense sign of the zodiac. The astrological transit began Oct. 5 and will approximately last until Nov. 16, when the planets shift into Libra. That means you have 40 days and nights to deeply re-evaluate, revisit and reflect upon your current or past love lives and relationships. Get ready for a reality check, whether you want it or not.

It’s easy to walk through life protected behind a robust set of armour that protects us from the outside world. We may come with walls built up from past experiences that block us from connecting with others in a meaningful way. Behind and beneath it all, lies the delicate heart. We safeguard it, wear it on our sleeve and sometimes get it broken. Venus in retrograde is here to provide a transformation — asking you to assess how open or blocked your heart is and if you project too much or too little. 

There’s no reason to fear Venus in Scorpio, but it is wise to be skeptical of the situations to occur within the cycle. During this particular astrological shift, we are more likely to run into old friends or hear from past lovers, where we may find value in those forgotten about. While reviewing past relationships during retrograde, it becomes easy to view situations through a rose-colored lense. We can turn a past partner into an ideal lover or weed them out completely, as they circulate through our life once again. The general premise of the retrograde disruption is to shift our attention inward and “take inventory” upon our moral values. This is not a time to move forward with new relationships, business endeavors or major decisions. While caught in a period of assessment, it may be difficult to have proper clarity on such issues.

Rather than viewing the retrograde as a six-week delay in the area of love, see it as a time to align and reconnect with your inner being. Fear not — Venus will eventually enter Libra, where we will be gifted a time of sweet harmony that highlights our relationships and social life. Love will soon be in the air.

@maadilewellyn

ml203417@ohio.edu