The best Athens comfort foods to devour this winter

Winter is coming and that means cozying up with warm foods to make us all feel a little less dreary about the cold. Athens is home to a ton of great spots to grab your favorite foods. Here are six of the best comfort foods around Athens:

Pies from Union Street Diner 

Union Street Diner, 70 W. Union St., always has pies and cheesecakes available. They change up the selection often so there are always different options coming and going. A nice piece of pie can be a great dessert on a cold winter day, and they only cost $3.99 per slice.

Hot chocolate from Donkey Coffee 

A nice cup of hot chocolate is a staple of the winter seasons. It’s the perfect way to warm up walking to classes in the cold. Head over to Donkey Coffee and Espresso, 17 W. Washington St., and grab a large cup for $3.55. 

Creamy Tomato Soup from Lui Lui Restaurant

Another cold-weather staple is soup of any kind. Lui Lui Restaurant, 8 Station St., has a tomato soup that is blended with cream from Snowville Creamery. It’s also topped off with cheese and homemade croutons to make the perfect tomato soup for $5. 

Homemade chili from Court Street Diner 

Chili is yet another way to warm up after a long winter day. Court Street Diner, 18 N. Court St., has homemade chili ready to go during the winter months. The old-fashioned diner feel also helps warm up spirits. A cup of the homemade chili is $3.49 and a bowl is $4.49. 

Mac and Cheese from Miller’s Chicken 

Miller’s Chicken, 235 W. State St., has more than just chicken. The restaurant offers a few side dishes, and mac and cheese is one of them. A good bowl of the cheesy pasta just feels cozy for. A small bowl is $2.25 and a large is $3.25.

Six cheese ravioli from Stephen’s on Court 

Stephen’s on Court, 66 N. Court St., offers a ravioli dish that is great. It comes with giant, cheese-filled ravioli and can come with different sauces. The ravioli dish is a perfect comfort food during the winter months for $11.50. 

@jess_umbarger 

ju992415@ohio.edu