President Dr. M Duane Nellis speaking at the Faculty Senate meeting on Monday, February 5, 2018. McKinley Law | Photo Editor

Faculty Senate: Members to vote on responsibility of tenured faculty

The Promotion and Tenure Committee will bring forward a resolution to change phasing in the handbook to make approving tenure the responsibility of already-tenured members at the Faculty Senate meeting Monday.

The current Faculty Senate handbook states “The formal hearing committee shall consist of all members of the Faculty Senate in the third year of their current Faculty Senate term, presided over by the chair of the Faculty Senate.”

The current language indicates the formal hearing committee shall “consist of all members.” The handbook will be changed to say “the granting and denying of tenure is the responsibility of tenured faculty,” according to the agenda.

The resolution will update the language and will state the formal hearing committee shall “consist of all tenured members” of the Faculty Senate, in the third year of their current Faculty Senate term.

“This resolution will be presented for second reading and then voted upon,” Faculty Senate Chair Joe McLaughlin said in an email.

President Duane Nellis, and Executive Vice President and Provost Chaden Djalali will open the meeting. Associate Provost for Academic Budget and Planning John Day will also give a Faculty Compensation Task Force Report.

The meeting will be held Monday in Walter Hall 235 at 7:10 p.m.

@reneetedian

rd063317@ohio.edu