College Green on Aug. 18, 2016. (FILE)

The top 5 spots to hammock at Ohio University this fall

Fall is in full swing, and it is time to get in some last-minute hammocking as it gets colder. Whether you are just hanging out with friends, reading a book or taking a nap, being in a hammock can make any activity better. 

Ohio University’s campus provides so many opportunities for a perfect hammock session. All of the hills and trees provide a beautiful landscape for hammocking. So grab some friends and go check out these top five spots for the fall: 

Emeriti Park 

This is by far the best spot on campus to break out your hammock. You have a view of the pond no matter where you are in the park, and there are so many perfect trees to hook your hammock to. Whether you go alone or with friends, there is a place for everyone at this park, especially people who like to hammock.

College Green 

Yes, College Green is filled with the hustle and bustle of students throughout the day, but that is part of the appeal. You can chill out, people-watch, or put your headphones in and ignore the world. However, one of the biggest perks of this spot is the animals. So many people bring their pets through this space, and there are squirrels and chipmunks everywhere. 

Back South 

No matter the time of day you can always find people hanging out, laying on blankets or hammocking on this part of campus. The space between the Front Four and Back South provides a perfect spot to spend your time. With a perfect view of the hills and hardly any noise from traffic or people, this is definitely the most relaxing spot on the list.

By The Convo

This is a hammocker’s paradise. All of the trees in this location are an ideal distance for a hammock. You could probably fit 10 to 20 hammocks in this cool little spot. It is especially great for people who live on West Green and don’t want to trek down to the other side of campus for a hammock moment. However, if traffic is a no-go for your perfect hammock day, this may not be the spot for you. 

Under the Richland Bridge 

Lastly, is this hidden gem just next to the Baker Center parking garage under the Richland Bridge. You would expect a lot of noise from the bridge in this location, but it is actually quite nice. You have a good view of a stream and some beautiful landscape to either side of you. 

So, break out your hammocks while you can and go try these spots. It can be a great way to relax and destress, especially during this part of the semester. 

Hammock on.

@noser_sierra 

sn148317@ohio.edu