Annalise tries to help Nate’s dad in Thursday’s episode of ‘How To Get Away With Murder.’ (via @violadavis on Twitter)

TV Review: ‘How to Get Away with Murder’ ends with yet another person dead

It was only a matter of time before another body fell on How to Get Away with Murder, and this episode proved to be deadly. The episode followed Connor (Jack Falahee) and Oliver (Conrad Ricamora)’s bachelor party, but contained a few twists that will forever change the characters. Here are the top moments from the episode:

Annalise began working for the governor

Last episode, the governor vowed to challenge Annalise (Viola Davis), but in this episode, she seemed to have a change of heart. She offered Annalise a job working with her to sponsor and pass a bill that would reduce prison populations in the state by 50 percent. Annalise was extremely hesitant to take the offer and first decided not to take it because she thought she could do it on her own. However, she realized she could request a pardon for Nate (Billy Brown)’s father, which she did.

Caplan & Gold was furious with her for entertaining the offer, and she was about to turn it down when the governor told her Nate Sr. would be pardoned. That completely changed things for Annalise, allowing her to quit Caplan & Gold much to the dismay of the boss. Yet, things aren’t always what they seem and the governor seemed to be firmly against Annalise in the last episode, leading to questions about what her true motives are.

Oliver told his mom he’s HIV positive

Oliver’s HIV status has always been hard for him to deal with, but he has grown to live with it and accept it. When his mother came to visit for wedding planning, it was revealed she still didn’t know about his status, contributing to a distant relationship between the two. His mother believed Connor was the one causing them to grow apart and had negative feelings toward him. With some encouragement from Connor, Oliver was able to tell his mother about his status and have an extremely heartfelt talk with her. With so much drama and murder on the show, it’s amazing when the writers provide scenes such as this to remind the audience of authentic, important conversations that occur in real life.

Bonnie’s sister dealt with Bonnie’s son

The last episode ended with Bonnie (Liza Weil) arriving at her sister’s home. In this episode, Bonnie confronted her sister about the whereabouts of her son and what happened when she left the hospital with him. Her sister claimed to have taken the baby out of the hospital for their father, who promptly sold the baby. The story seemed traumatic enough, but after more investigating, Frank (Charlie Weber) found evidence the sister was lying.

Bonnie pressed her sister again and the sister broke down crying. She said their father, who abused both of them, wanted to raise Bonnie’s child as his own. Knowing the trauma it caused them, Bonnie’s sister took the baby and ran into the woods. Ending the conversation, she admitted to burying the baby. While this is very plausible, it doesn’t make sense for Bonnie’s sister to have killed the baby, and the conversation ended too neatly for that to be the end of it. As the mid-season finale approaches, viewers are guaranteed to learn more about the baby’s fate.

Nate’s father was revealed to be dead

Nate’s father decided to write a letter of apology to the family of who he killed. As he wrote the letter, the guards announced he would be transferred and released from prison followed the governor’s pardon. Annalise was overjoyed to tell Nate that his dad was getting released, but as the episode ended, Nate received a call. The woman on the phone said there had been an incident and the camera cut to Nate’s father lying dead, surrounded by a pool of blood. The governor’s suspicious behavior toward Annalise could suggest her playing a role in his murder. No matter what, Annalise will be more motivated than ever to uncover justice.

@huntergraffice4

Hg551416@ohio.edu