Doug Taylor moves towards the net during Ohio's game against Iona University on November 28, 2017. The Bobcats lost 93-88. (Emilee Chinn | For The Post)

Men's Basketball: Scouting preview for the Bobcats' matchup with Iona

Ohio plays Iona on Tuesday night at The Convo. It’s the Bobcats first game after finishing out the Jamaica Classic, which they capped off with an overtime win over Austin Peay on Sunday. 

Tipoff is set for 7 p.m. Below is how to watch the game, scouting reports, player to watch and the key to the game. 

The game

Where: The Convo, 7 p.m. 

How to watch: ESPN+

How to listen: Ohio IMG Sports Network

The opposition

The Gaels are coming off of a 91-79 loss to Providence this past Saturday night. Ohio and Iona are meeting for the third straight season, a four-season contract. The Gaels trip to The Convo is the last they’ll take, as the Bobcats travel to New Rochelle, New York, next season to finish out the deal. Iona leads the all-time series 2-0. 

Iona split in the MGM Resorts Main Event in Las Vegas, losing game one 86-85 to Long Beach State and bouncing back to defeat regional-foe Hartford, 80-75. 

Coach Tim Cluess is in his ninth season with Iona, holding an overall record of 183-94 with four NCAA Tournament appearances, including last season’s berth. The Gaels have been crowned Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference regular season champions in 2012, 2014 and 2015.

Scouting report

Ohio Bobcats (3-2)

PROJECTED LINEUP (Player Pos. HT., Key Statistic Per Game): Jason Preston (G, 6-3, 175,1.2 steals per game), Jason Carter (G/F, 6-8, 220, 18.4 points per game), Teyvion Kirk (G, 6-4, 185, 2.8 assists per game), Antonio Cowart Jr. (G, 6-2, 175, 4.6 rebounds per game), Doug Taylor (F, 6-9, 248, 2.2 blocks per game). 

Iona Gaels (2-3)

PROJECTED LINEUP: Rickey McGill (G, 6-2, 185, 6.4 assists per game), Isiah Still (G, 6-6, 190, 4.2 rebounds per game), E.J. Crawford (F, 6-6, 210, 17 points per game), Asante Gist (G, 5-11, 185, 13.6 points per game), Niska Nikolic (F, 6-8, 234, 6.4 points per game). 

Player to watch

E.J. Crawford — a junior who is averaging 17 points and four rebounds points per game through five games. With the power to go inside at will and control the glass, he’ll challenge the Bobcats bigs. 

Key to the game

Ohio needs to knock down its shots from the field, but more importantly from beyond the arc. Ohio is shooting 21.4 percent from 3 for the season. That ranks the Bobcats No. 351 in the country.

@Pete_Nakos96

pn997515@ohio.edu