Spotify curated state-by-state playlists to encourage voting; check out a board game based on Athens' bars

Today is Thursday, Nov. 1, 2018. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

The midterm elections are right around the corner, and just about everyone from politicians to celebrities is encouraging people to go to the polls and vote. Recently, Spotify joined the movement by curating state-by-state playlists that encourage voting.

The playlists are filled with the most popular songs from each state and, in the playlist bio, Spotify encourages going to the polls and links to Get to the Polls. Ohio’s playlist is filled with everything from country tunes to alternative bops and even rap hits. 

The genres and songs may vary from state to state, but the message stays the same. 

So, Ohioans, go listen to The Killers’ “Mr. Brightside” as you march your way down to the polls and vote. 

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post:

Check out Athens Happens, a Clue-like board game based on bars in Athens that’s being funded by a Kickstarter. (The Post)

Here’s how Ohio University College Republicans and Democrats are each preparing for the midterm elections. (The Post)

OU’s Dads Weekend starts Friday, and there are a lot of activities to enjoy. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Discover how Ohio hockey’s Cody Black learned how to stay out of the penalty box and on the ice. (The Post)

Football takes on Western Michigan tonight in a crucial Mid-American Conference matchup. Here’s our gameday guide for everything you need to know. (The Post)

Ohio’s field hockey team is confident going into its first-round MAC Tournament game against Ball State. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Today will be cloudy with a 80 percent chance of morning rain. The high will be 64 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Tyler Perry will retire his Madea character in 2019. (Vulture)

Kanye West says in a string of tweets that he’s distancing himself from politics. (NBC News)

Red Dead Redemption 2 had the biggest opening weekend for any piece of entertainment. (The A.V. Club

@_molly_731

ms660416@ohio.edu