Cheleanor fans rejoice because the couple is moving in the right direction. (via @nbcthegoodplace on Instagram)

TV Review: Thursday’s episode of ‘The Good Place’ was designed for Cheleanor shippers

Thursday’s episode of The Good Place is for all of the Cheleanor shippers out there. 

Hearts were bursting during the episode as Michael (Ted Danson) enlightens Eleanor (Kristen Bell) about her afterlife romance with Chidi (William Jackson Harper). 

Eleanor believes she is incapable of love, so Michael tells her about her true love for Chidi in the afterlife. Eleanor doesn’t believe him and demands to see proof. Michael shows her some of her cutest moments with Chidi in the afterlife, reminding her that she is capable of love — but Eleanor still isn’t sure.

Some highlights of the memories were when Chidi is about to sneeze and Eleanor instinctively gave him a tissue, when Chidi scared Eleanor so she pushed him in the lake and when she kisses Chidi for the first time. The episode even featured the infamous first exchange of  “I love yous” between Cheleanor.

The two weren’t quick to give up their love when Michael threatened to reboot their lives.

“No matter what he does, we will find each other and we will love each other,” Eleanor said to Chidi. “Because we’re soulmates.”

Eleanor still finds it hard to believe that she’s capable of love and that her life hasn’t been determined for her. Luckily, Michael is there to remind her she is only cutting people off as a defense mechanism.

“I know everything about you, including that nothing scares you more than vulnerability,” Michael said.

Though things are headed in the right direction for Cheleanor, their relationship may be halted with the arrival of the demons from The Bad Place on Earth. 

Here’s how the audience reacted on Twitter:

The Good Place airs Thursdays at 8:30 p.m. on NBC.

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu