YouTube is discounting its premium subscription for college students; a weekly dinner in Nelsonville aims to bring residents together

Today is Wednesday, Nov. 28, 2018. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

If you’re looking for a discount on music and ad-free videos, YouTube has a deal for you.

The company is slashing prices for its YouTube Music and ad-free YouTube Premium services for college students in the U.S., according to TechCrunch.  The discounts are $6.99 per month instead of $12.99 for Premium, and $4.99 per month instead of $9.99 for Music. 

You can also get Premium for $5.99 a month if you sign up before Jan. 31. Premium does more than just eliminate ads, allowing for background listening and offline viewing through downloading as well.

YouTube isn’t the only company to offer discounts to college students: Spotify and Hulu also have a similar deal

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post:

A local priest has been sentenced to 12 years in prison for sexual battery. (The Post)

Here’s how a weekly dinner is bringing people together in Nelsonville. (The Post)

A man wanted for homicide turned himself in. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Ohio won against Iona Gaels with a final score of 89-65. (The Post)

Here are the instant reactions from the Bobcats’ win. (The Post

Athens Weather

It will be cold and partly cloudy today with a high of 31 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Background checks were waived for staffers working at a migrant camp for teens. (Associated Press)

You could win 30 years of free drinks at Starbucks. (USA Today)

Gamers are crafting Burger King Whoppers in Red Dead Redemption 2. (Destructoid

@leckronebennett

bl646915@ohio.edu