‘A Christmas Prince’ is one Christmas movie you can watch on Netflix. (via @imroseciver on Instagram)

Here are 8 of the best Christmas movies to watch on Netflix

The classical past-time of the holiday season is finally here, and Netflix has a variety of some great Christmas movies for anyone to binge on those cold, snowy days spent indoors. Whether you’re re-watching one of your favorite Christmas movies or looking for something new, this list will having a holiday film for you:

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

The live-action adaptation of Dr. Seuss’ classic tale is a Christmas movie no one can go without watching during this time of the year. It’s a comedic and heart-warming film enjoyed by all ages. The Grinch (Jim Carrey) hilariously despises Whooville and goes to unimaginable lengths to take Christmas away from them. 

Love Actually

Love Actually examines the lives of nine intertwining relationships and how they deal with love a month before Christmas. This movie follows a star-studded cast on its journey of finding love, taking chances and creating new beginnings. It’ll have viewers crying and laughing all at the same time. Love Actually is the definition of the Christmas spirit bringing people together, and a must-watch Netflix movie.

A Christmas Prince

A Netflix original, the holiday film is about an aspiring journalist sent to cover a royal family over the Christmas holiday, specifically the bad boy prince who is next in line for the throne. This is definitely a movie to add to the watchlist for a girls night in. It’s a Christmas movie any hopeless romantic will love.

The Spirit of Christmas

A lawyer is challenged 12 days before Christmas to sell a large property before the new year if she wants her big promotion. Little does she know just how challenging it’ll be when she finds out there’s a grumpy ghost of a man who can’t leave. In her quest to find out what happened to him, she falls in love. This Christmas mystery is one you’ll want to uncover.

The Holiday Calendar

A photographer is given a magical antique advent calendar that seems to predict her future. Before she knows it, her Christmas season starts to look up, including a chance at a new romantic relationship. The Holiday Calendar is a new Netflix original including a love triangle, comedy and magic. It’s the perfect feel-good movie for the holiday season.

Bad Santa

If you’re in the mood for a dark comedy during the Christmas season, then Bad Santa is the movie for you. Posing as a mall Santa, Willie T. Stokes (Billy Bob Thornton) steals from department stores on Christmas Eve.  He's depressed and an alcoholic, but when a small boy befriends his nicer side, Willie begins to wonder if there is still some hope for himself. It’s definitely a rated-R movie for anyone looking for a not-so light-hearted Netflix film.

How Sarah Got Her Wings

Sarah (Lindsey Gort) is dead and trying to get into heaven, but for her to gain her angel wings, she has to help her ex-boyfriend find his true love. She only has until Christmas Eve to bring him and his true love together or she’ll forever be stuck in purgatory. This interesting Christmas movie brings comedy to the screen in a unique way, and it’s a holiday movie everyone should check out.

White Christmas

If you’re a fan of the Christmas classics, White Christmas is a movie Netflix offers especially for you. Singers Bob Wallace (Bing Crosby) and Phil Davis (Danny Kaye) join sister-act Betty (Rosemary Clooney) and Judy Haynes (Vera-Ellen) to perform a Christmas show. Wallace and Davis’ old WWII commander’s country inn is failing, so in hopes to bring it back to life, the four of them decide to host their show at the inn. A timeless Christmas musical that is sure to give anyone a feeling of holiday nostalgia.

@BayleeDeMuth

bd575016@ohio.edu