Lady Gaga shined in a lilac Valentino gown on the Golden Globes red carpet. (Photo via @billboard on Twitter)

Here are 8 of the best looks from the 76th Golden Globes red carpet

Awards season is finally in full swing, along with the best part of the shows — the red carpet. 

The 76th Golden Globes awards took place Sunday night, and the film and television stars present all seemed to go in different directions with their gowns. Although it’s typically thought that attendees are a bit more adventurous with their attire than they may be at the Academy Awards, many appeared to play it safe at the Globes this year.

Nevertheless, there were still several standout looks to gasp over. Here are the eight best dressed women from the Golden Globes red carpet:

Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga floated down the red carpet in a lavender Valentino gown as a sweet tribute to Judy Garland, who starred in the second version of A Star Is Born in 1954.

Alison Brie

The glittering bustier peeking out from the tulle of Alison Brie’s Vera Wang gown added just enough sparkle to turn heads.

Emmy Rossum

Blush pink has been trending ceaselessly for at least a few years now, but Emmy Rossum looked anything but ordinary in her classically cut gown.

Emily Blunt

It seems that Emily Blunt and her husband John Krasinski have officially secured their status as the royal couple of the 2019 awards season. The high neckline and intricate detail of her dress was truly regal.

Kiki Layne

Kiki Layne, known for her breakthrough performance in If Beale Street Could Talk, glowed in another lovely tulle number, the color of which seemed to be made for her.

Regina King

The Beale Street women came to slay. The pointed sweetheart neckline added an extra element and took Regina King’s sparkly number to the next level.

Lupita Nyong’o

Lupita Nyong’o has been the reigning queen of the red carpet for several years now, always bringing her A-game and fabulous colors to the evening. Her Calvin Klein gown did not disappoint.

Emma Stone 

Emma Stone’s classic, lovely choices always dazzle in the simplest ways. Her style is all her own, and the subtle sequin scallops gave her simple gown a detail to make it something special.

@adeichelberger

ae595714@ohio.edu