Meredith has two possible love interests on Thursday night’s episode of ‘Grey’s Anatomy.” (Photo via @GreysABC on Twitter)

TV Review: Meredith is finally happy on ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ — and she has two men to choose from

Well, Merluca fans have to wait a while for a kiss, but the pairing is inching toward being together.

Andrew Deluca (Giacomo Gianniotti) and Meredith Grey (Ellen Pompeo) were stuck in an elevator for most of the episode, so it obviously got a little steamy in the close quarters. Meredith spent most of the time fighting off Deluca and any conversation that would hint at their past kiss, whereas Deluca was willing to spill every secret from his childhood.

Deluca talked about growing up in Italy with his dad, who was a surgeon. He was keeping a secret about his father, and Meredith told him to just say it because it wouldn’t get to the outside world. Deluca followed her advice, but spoke in beautiful Italian, making every viewer swoon. Meredith reveals later in the episode that she took three years of Italian in undergrad.

The pair gets so close to kissing a few times, which is only natural for being in such a tight space. But right as they go to seal the deal, the elevator doors open and they rush out.

“Remind me again why this is such a bad idea for us?” Deluca asked.

“Well, I’m trying to learn from my mistakes,” Meredith said.

Their plotline in the episode ends with one of the new doctors Link (Chris Carmack) interrupting Deluca while he’s asking Meredith out on a date. Meredith leaves both men guessing as to who she is going to pick, but right now Meredith is just having fun.

“I don’t know if I’ll ever find love again, but I’m happier than I’ve been in a long time,” Meredith said.

It’s nice to see Meredith loosen up a bit. She finally seems to be back in her element and enjoying her life. Hopefully we’ll get some more tequila, dancing and sexy dreams.

Here’s how the fans reacted to the pairing on Twitter:

Grey’s Anatomy airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. on ABC.

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu