Your guide to who’s performing at 17Fest and which songs to listen to

Now that the NumberFest lineup has been posted, it’s important to prepare for the performances by becoming familiar with the artists and their songs. Here are the essential must-know songs for each artist to help you get excited for 17Fest:

Rae Sremmurd

The hip-hop duo, comprising two brothers from Mississippi, released its first album in 2015 entitled SremmLife. Brothers Slim Jxmmi and Swae Lee released their second album in 2016, and their third album was released in 2018. They are most known for their songs “Come Get Her,” “No Type” and “Black Beatles.” 

Rich the Kid

The 26-year-old rapper released his first album in March 2018. He has released a few mixtapes and singles between 2015, and at the time his album dropped, he even released some collaborations with artists like Migos, 2 Chainz, Gucci Mane, Fetty Wap and Rich Homie Quan.

Boombox Cartel

Boombox Cartel is a Los Angeles-based DJ. His music is a mix of trap, hip-hop and EDM. Simply put, he produces dance music.  

DJ Pauly D

Former Jersey Shore housemate turned DJ got his start with music in 2010, and he was nominated for the “America’s Best DJ” competition in 2010 and 2011. He was initially chosen for Jersey Shore for his looks and was the first housemate on the show to receive his own spinoff, The Pauly D Project.

Flipp Dinero

The 23-year-old rapper began when he was 15. Dinero released his debut album The Guala Way in 2017. He also released a few singles in 2018. 

Shaun Frank

The Canadian DJ has collaborated with EDM artists around the world after performing with and leaving the two bands Crowned King and Envy. 

Kid Quill

The young hip-hop artist released his debut album in 2014 entitled Ear to Ear. Aside from his music career, he had a successful soccer career making the All-Conference teams and continued playing at DePaul University, but he quit his junior year to focus on music. 

DJ Trail Mix

Originally from Akron, the Ohio University senior is studying music production and recording industry. He has been DJing and producing for about four years, and last year he got his first tracks signed and released through Chub Rub Records based in D.C. 

Mitch James

The 23-year-old singer from New Zealand released his self-titled album in September 2018. In addition, he has a few other singles and his style mainly focuses on personal lyrics with a soft delivery.

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu

Clarification: The article has been updated to reflect that Boombox Cartel is one person.