Britain’s fattest cat has finally found a home; ARTS/West to host an evening with Jonathan Richman

Today is Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2019. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

Dubbed Britain’s fattest cat, a tabby cat has finally found a home after being returned to an animal shelter four times.

Mitzi, the 17 pound cat, was rescued by the Woodside Sanctuary in 2017 and has gone through an owner’s death, a circumstantial change and another owner falling very ill. 

Mitzi’s newest owners wanted to adopt her right away, but can’t take care of her until they move into their new home. The Woodside Sanctuary will look after her until the family is able to officially adopt her in April. 

The nine-year-old cat has not been successful at finding a home until now, but she has been successful at adopting people over the years. The sanctuary staff has no idea how she got to be so big, but they believe it’s because of people excessively feeding her over the years. 

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post:

President Duane Nellis has created a task force to better connect businesses with Ohio University. (The Post)

Jonathan Richman of the Modern Lovers will perform at ARTS/West on Wednesday. (The Post)

With Pinterest-loving, crafty and creative people, DIY culture is a big part of society. Here’s how it came to be (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Ohio men’s basketball goes head-to-head against Kent State tonight. (The Post)

The Post’s sports editors Spencer Holbrook and Pete Nakos had a roundtable discussion about the remaining men’s basketball games. (The Post)

Podcasts from The Post 

Host Georgia Davis and her guest Alexis Eichelberger talked all things Black Swan on the latest episode of First Reel. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Today’s forecast is partly cloudy with no precipitation. The winds are expected to be between 5 and 10 miles per hour, so it’s not time to give up your winter coats just yet. The high will be 39 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

After being indicted on 10 counts of sexual abuse, R. Kelly has plead not guilty. (USA Today)

Microsoft’s next-generation mixed reality headsets are available for pre-order, starting at $3,500. (CNET)

President Trump announced a signing summit for a trade deal with China. (CNN)

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu