Qdoba to offer BOGO entrees if you share a kiss; Posties have had some strong thoughts on Valentine’s Day over the years

Today is Thursday, Feb. 14, 2019. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning and happy Valentine’s Day! 

If you don’t feel like braving the crowds at an upscale restaurant, consider taking your significant other to Qdoba. The fast-casual Mexican restaurant is offering a buy one get one free entree to patrons who share a kiss today.

Don’t worry if you’re single — you can still score a free meal. According to a news release from Qdoba, you can kiss “anything” to receive the promotion. You might as well just smooch your burrito because you’re going to end up eating it anyway. 

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post

A new coffee shop opened in the basement of an Episcopal church near campus. (The Post)

Ohio University President Duane Nellis denied former LGBT Center Director delfin bautista’s grievance. (The Post)

Over the years, The Post staff has had some strong feelings about Valentine’s Day. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times

Women’s basketball fell to Toledo in a stunning 76-50 loss last night. (The Post)

Tuesday night’s home loss may have been a low point for the men’s basketball team. (The Post)

Hockey’s Jake Houston and Gianni Evangelisti are going to Russia. They’re hoping for good competition — and not to eat horse meat. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Today will be cloudy with a high of 54 degrees. The rain and snow should finally subside. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Google is investing $13 billion to build data centers and in several U.S. states, including Ohio. (CNBC)

A teaser trailer for Frozen 2 was released yesterday, and it looks grim. (CBS News)

The American opinion on the Robert Mueller investigation is becoming increasingly partisan. (FiveThirtyEight)

@Heeeeeres_Jonny

jp351014@ohio.edu