President Nellis speaks during the first student senate meeting of the year at Ohio University on Wednesday, Aug. 30, 2017. (File)

Student Senate: Athens City Planner presents about new Athens Comprehensive Plan

Student Senate will have a presentation at Wednesday’s meeting from Athens City Planner Paul Logue about the new Athens Comprehensive Plan.

Chief of Staff Alicia Lundy-Morse said in an email that Logue’s presentation will explain the new plan, how it has analyzed feedback from Ohio University students and what they are doing with that feedback. 

In another presentation, Chief Justice Walter Milhoan will discuss the new election handbook in preparation for Student Senate elections. 

The presentations from Logue and Mihoan were moved since the Student Senate meeting was cancelled last week due to the extreme cold.

In the final presentation, Vice President of Diversity and Inclusion Gigi Secuban will be answering questions on campus diversity, and the university’s search for a new director. 

Student Senate will vote on nine resolutions at the meeting because of the cancelled meeting last Wednesday. 

Members will vote to appoint Danielle Klein as a senator to the International Affairs Commission and to appoint Sophia Boothby as a Senator of Athletics on the University Life Commission.

Student Senate will vote to create an emeriti static’s for members of the judicial panel and create the opportunity to receive senior honors.

Student Senate will vote to purchase about $200 worth of supplies for International Women’s Day. Another resolution will be voted on to purchase registration for the Ohio Student Government Summit, which will cost $335, as well as transportation to this event, which will cost $510. 

Student Senate will vote to purchase of food for Melissa Day, the movie during accessible Ohio week and a gift card for a survey prize winner.

@ColtAustenW

cw506217@ohio.edu