President Nellis speaks during the first student senate meeting of the year at Ohio University on Wednesday, Aug. 30, 2017. (File)

Student Senate: Body looks to pass two resolutions regarding Emeriti Status for members

Student Senate members will look to pass a resolution to create and Emeriti Status for members of the Judicial Panel at Wednesday’s meeting.

The resolution will formalize the ability for members of the Judicial Panel receive senior honors. The distinction is awarded to Student Senate members who exceed expectations in their work. 

Currently, members of the Judicial Panel are ineligible to receive this award. If the resolution is passed, it will allow Judicial Panel members to be applicable for this award.

Another resolution will remove the voting member stipulation from Emeriti Status. If passed, non-voting members of Student Senate will also be applicable for Emeriti Status.

That is two of six resolutions Student Senate is looking to pass at the meeting. 

Student Senate members will vote to appoint Holly Thompson as a senator on the Senate Appropriations Commission.

Three resolutions will be in regards to funding Student Senate events. 

There is a resolution to fund a speaker for the Environmental Justice Summit, which will cost $300. Another resolution will be to purchase a table for the Martin Luther King Day brunch and will cost $120. The last resolution will to purchase a hostel for the Washington, DC networking trip. It will cost $1,012.

@ewagner19

ew047615@ohio.edu