A war with the Whisperers is on its way on ‘The Walking Dead.’ (via @KristenAcuna on Twitter)

TV Review: ‘The Walking Dead’ teases a war with the Whisperers

What seemed like an easy decision only complicated things further for The Walking Dead characters on Sunday’s episode.

Alpha (Samantha Morton) demanded her daughter be returned to her in exchange for the two hostages from Hilltop. Daryl (Norman Reedus), however, heard what Alpha had done to her daughter and refused. This didn’t seem to faze Alpha, who quickly summoned more Whisperers to her side.

Eventually, Daryl was convinced to go get her daughter, but he was shocked by the brutality of the Whisperers. A baby of one of the Whisperers began crying and Alpha ordered the baby to be put on the ground, abandoned and left to fend for itself against oncoming walkers. She said the Whisperers put no value in family and the noise of a baby only hurt the group.

In a shockingly blood-less effort, Daryl, Connie (Lauren Ridloff) and a few others were able to rescue the baby from the walkers and return Alpha’s daughter to her.

Meanwhile, Ezekiel (Khary Payton) revealed to Carol (Melissa McBride) why he thought the upcoming fair was so important. He stated that a charter to unify the communities (Oceanside, Hilltop, the Kingdom and Alexandria) would hopefully be signed there. The two also went on a more light-hearted mission to find a projector light bulb to project a movie for the fair. 

The episode ended with an angry Henry (Macsen Lintz) running off to rescue Alpha’s daughter. Connie and Daryl also decide to go after her, promising only conflict ahead for the communities as they clash with the horrifying Whisperers.

Here’s how fans reacted to the episode on Twitter:

The Walking Dead airs Sundays at 9 p.m. on AMC.

@huntergraffice

hg551416@ohio.edu