Google’s top Valentine’s Day searches in every state were revealed; Court Street Diner will become a Hangover Easy

Today is Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2019. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

Satellite Internet compiled Google searches that reveal the top Valentine’s Day searches in every state, and the responses are very telling. 

Ohio’s most-searched is the restaurant Red Lobster, which could pose to be a great date place to celebrate the romantic holiday. The closest Red Lobster to Athens is in Parkersburg.

Some of the more laughable responses are “Venereal Disease” in Arizona, “Hooters” in Louisiana, “Brazilian Waxing” in Utah and the more relatable “Broken Heart Syndrome” in Kansas. 

Among the most common were various restaurant searches, dirty valentines and Edible Arrangements. 

It looks like there are very diverse ideas about what Valentine’s Day calls for around the country.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post:

Galentine’s Day has gone from a reference on Parks and Recreation to a full-fledged holiday celebrating women. (The Post)

Court Street Diner will soon be Hangover Easy. (The Post)

The Athens Public Library is hosting the McVickers on Saturday, who will read a selection from their book. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Here’s what the coaches and players of the women’s basketball had to say about their big win against Central Michigan (The Post)

Athens basketball will face Wellston in the final conference game of the season. (The Post)

Ohio men’s basketball goes head-to-head against Eastern Michigan tonight at 7 p.m. (The Post)

Podcasts from The Post 

First Reel host Georgia Davis talks Top Gun with Leaving at Halftime host Matt Parker. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Today’s forecast is cloudy with a 70 percent chance of precipitation. The high is 40 degrees, and the winds are expected to be between 10 and 15 miles per hour, so hold on to your umbrellas. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

A picture of a noose in a New York classroom drew outrage from administration and parents. (NBC)

Samsung is creating a foldable phone and will release the design in a week. (The Verge)

It has been 40 years since the Islamic Revolution in Iran, and this is how people are spending the occasion (CNN)

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu