21 Savage launched a bank account campaign to help educate teens on financial literacy; OU will hold another meal swipe donation initiative this week

Today is Monday, March 4, 2019. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

21 Savage wants to make sure you understand your finances, so you’ll know how to handle the many Ms you may have in your bank account like him someday.

The rapper launched the Bank Account Campaign on Feb. 27, which will make efforts to educate teenagers on financial literacy across the U.S. He said despite his hit song “Bank Account,” he knew next to nothing about bank accounts growing up and wants to help those who come from similar backgrounds. 

The rapper is working with nonprofits Juma and Get Schooled to make the campaign a reality. There is also a video made for the campaign.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post:

There will be another meal swipe donation initiative this week to help those in need. (The Post)

Weezer falls short of crafting a cohesive tracklist on ‘The Black Album.’ (The Post)

Sports updates:

Hockey's coach Sean Hogan to step down at the end of the season. (The Post)

Wrestlings’s Shakur Laney has been thriving on the ice after being redshirted last season. (The Post)

Podcasts from The Post

Hosts Max and Alex discuss the reunion of the Jonas Brothers on this week’s episode of Beats on the Bricks. (The Post)

Athens Weather

It may be March now, but you’re probably still going to shiver walking to class for a while. Today will be partly cloudy with a high of 30 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

A man stranded in his car for five days with his dog survived by eating Taco Bell sauce packets. (USA Today)

More people bought physical CDs and vinyl than songs on iTunes in 2018. (Boy Genius Report)

An ancient lake system was found on Mars, and scientists are saying it hints at the past presence of life. (The Independent)

@bre_offenberger 

bo844517@ohio.edu