Wilson Hall houses the College of Arts & Sciences

Finalists for College of Arts and Sciences dean announced

The executive vice president and provost of Ohio University announced the four finalists for the dean of the College of Arts and Sciences.

Chaden Djalali announced in a news release that Cindy Brewer, Katie Kaukinen, Florenz Plassman and Christopher Boyer are the four finalists for the dean position.

Joseph Shields has served as the interim dean since Robert Frank stepped down from the position in May 2018.

Open forums will be held for students, faculty members and staff to learn about the candidates and ask questions.

Cindy Brewer, professor of geography at Penn State, will have her open forum April 2 from 3:30 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. in Bentley Hall 227.

Katie Kaukinen, professor of criminal justice at the University of Central Florida, will have her open forum April 3 from 3:30 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. in Bentley Hall 227.

Florenz Plassman, associate dean for doctoral studies and faculty development at Binghamton University will have his open forum April 4 from 10:30 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. in the Friends of the Library room at Alden Library.

Christopher Boyer, professor of history at the University of Illinois at Chicago will have his open forum April 5 from 3:00 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. in Bentley 227.

All of the open forums will be livestreamed.

@ianmck9

im581017@ohio.edu