Today is International Waffle Day; country star Kip Moore performed in MemAud on Friday

Today is Monday, March 25, 2019. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

Today is International Waffle Day, a holiday that started in Sweden as “Våffeldagen” and marked the beginning of spring in the country. It’s the perfect day to eat the waffles of your choice, not just for breakfast, but for any meal.

If you don’t feel like preparing your own waffles, Athens restaurants including Uptown Grill, Court and Union Street Diners and Corner on Union have waffles of all kinds and will do the cooking for you.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post:

Country singer Kip Moore performed an acoustic set at Templeton-Blackburn Memorial Auditorium on Friday. (The Post)

Jordan Peele’s Us is an impressive follow-up to his directorial debut Get Out. (The Post

There is an Ohio University has a program that allows senior citizens to take two classes for free each semester. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Ohio women’s basketball team beat Middle Tennessee on Sunday to keep its postseason alive. (The Post)

Ohio baseball lost 6-2 to Central Michigan Sunday. (The Post

Ohio hockey lost 3-2 to Iowa State in Texas, ending its season. (The Post)

Podcasts from The Post:

Hosts Max and Alex discuss various new music releases on this week’s episode of Beats on the Bricks. (The Post)

Athens Weather:

Today will be cloudy with a 70 percent chance of rain and a high of 50 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

If you win the $750 million lottery, you may end up paying more than 45 percent of it in taxes. (CNBC)

Shaquille O’Neal is the new face of Papa John’s. (RealGM)

Tremors have been detected on Mars for the first time. (Salon)

@bre_offenberger 

bo844517@ohio.edu