Only one Blockbuster store remains in the whole world; Bob Boldon is the winningest coach in the women's basketball program

Today is Friday, March 8, 2019. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning,

Bend, Oregon, is now home to the only Blockbuster in the world after the Australia location announced it was closing, according to a CNN report

The Bend store is celebrating being the last running store on the planet by selling commemorative memorabilia. It is the last of more than 9,000 locations across the country since the 2000s.

The store’s general manager, Sandi Harding, hopes that customers seeking a nostalgic movie watching experience will boost their sales. The Bend Blockbuster offers the newest titles, but keeps a wide stock of classics movie lovers can’t find on Netflix.

Those of us in Athens would have to travel almost 2,400 miles to get there, but it could be worth it. 

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post:

Students give reasoning for why they participate in Lent and what they are giving up this year. (The Post)

Q&A: Jordyn Irelan is a student yoga instructor who takes her practices all over the world. (The Post)

The Dairy Barn holds drawing classes complete with a live model. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Ohio women’s basketball coach Bob Boldon is now Ohio’s most winningest coach in the program. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Spring isn’t quite here yet: The high 41 degrees also comes with a 70 percent chance of rain and snow. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

A dean at Rider University stepped down after the university decided not to add a Chick-fil-A on campus. (CNN)

The FDA found asbestos in makeup sold by Claire’s. (Yahoo! News)

Queen Elizabeth II posted her first photo on Instagram. (Mashable)

@GordinMegan

mg525717@ohio.edu