Today is your last chance to see a supermoon in 2019; here’s how to get started on spring cleaning

Today is Wednesday, March 20, 2019. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

Today is the first day of spring – and your last chance to see a supermoon in 2019.

That’s right, the supermoon will become full at 9:43 p.m. tonight, just hours after the equinox, according to AccuWeather. There won’t be another one until next February.

“Interestingly enough, the March full moon will also be the first full moon of meteorological spring [which began on March 1],” AccuWeather Astronomy blogger Dave Samuhel said.

The equinox marks the end of winter and the beginning of spring. Samuhel said in the article that the equinox occurs when the •sun’s rays fall directly on Earth’s equator. 

“This is the closest coincidence of a full moon with the March equinox since March 2000 – 19 years ago,” EarthSky reported. “The full moon and March equinox won’t happen less than one day apart again for another 11 years, until March 2030.”

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post:

Speaking of spring, here’s some tips on how to get your spring cleaning done (The Post)

Smartphone usage is relatively high among college students. (The Post)

A local art gallery is showcasing everything from poetry to paintings at an upcoming art show. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Ohio women’s basketball didn’t make the NCAA Tournament despite a hard fought season. Here’s what coach Bob Boldon had to say (The Post)

Catch up with Ohio hockey after its league tournament. (The Post)

Ohio baseball faced off Dayton yesterday. (The Post)

Podcasts from The Post:

Hosts DJ and Jayse talk about college relationships in the most recent episode of Tea’d. (The Post)

Athens Weather

You might have to see the supermoon through a break in the clouds. It’s supposed to be cloudy with a high of 54 degrees today. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

A man accidentally shot himself in the foot while trying to kill a cockroach. (MLive)

Honey Boo Boo’s •mom was arrested on drug charges in Alabama. (USA Today)

A cow stopped by Chick-Fil-A while running from police in Indiana. (KUTV)

@leckronebennett

bl646915@ohio.edu