Apple announced its second-generation AirPods with wireless charging; Odyssey Nutrition will move to West Union

Today is Friday, March 22, 2019. Here’s what you need to know:

Happy Friday, 

Apple announced Wednesday its second-generation AirPods will allow wireless charging, according to The Verge. Those who own the first-generation AirPods can still purchase the wireless charging case for their pods. 

With the announcement comes a missed opportunity for Apple’s AirPower charger. When the company first announced the charger in 2017, it was presented as a solution to charging all of your products without wires getting in the way. But it never shipped, according to the article, and neither did the AirPods that could use the charging pad. Now, users will be adding the new AirPods to their carts as well as the wireless charging cases. 

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post:

This group is taking yoga to the next level with black lights and glow sticks. (The Post)

The Indian Student Association will host its first Indian Cultural Night. (The Post)

Odyssey Nutrition is moving to West Union. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Ohio softball will host Bowling Green for a conference game this weekend. (The Post)

The Bobcats advanced through the consolation rounds of the National Wrestling Championships after the first session on Thursday. (The Post)

Here’s a look at senior hockey player Cody Black (The Post)

Athens Weather

Today will be mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of morning showers. The high will be 47 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Fentanyl deaths in the U.S. have increased by more than 1000 percent the past six years. (CNN)

The box office has been affected by the rise in Netflix and other streaming subscription popularity. (Variety)

New Zealand officials banned weapons, including ones that were used in the recent attack at Christchurch. (NPR)

@TF_Johnston

tj369915@ohio.edu