Ohio coach Bob Boldon answers questions in the postgame press conference after the Bobcats' 69-66 loss to Miami in the quarterfinals of the MAC Tournament on March 7, 2018. (FILE)

Women's Basketball: Bob Boldon becomes winningest coach in Ohio program history

Bob Boldon is the best coach the Bobcats have ever had.

It’s been said numerous times throughout the Bobcats’ remarkable year full of milestones and records, but now it’s officially true, as far as wins are concerned.

Boldon became the winningest coach in Ohio program history Wednesday after the Bobcats defeated Miami 70-66 at Millett Hall to give him a career record of 124-61.

Boldon, who became the 10th coach of Ohio when he arrived in 2013, surpassed Marsha Reall, who coached from 1990-99 and went 123-126. His 67 percent winning percentage is also the highest among all Ohio coaches.

“The staff has been amazing,“ Boldon said. “You hear that sometimes, but it’s true. You can’t do it by yourself, so they deserve as much credit as anybody.”

Boldon’s achievement adds to the list of several other accolades Ohio has accomplished this year, but the Bobcats have remained humble. They have their sights set on the postseason, and Boldon carried a similar mentality as he approached the record. 

That still won’t change. Ohio has one more game against Bowling Green on Saturday in The Convo before it heads into the Mid-American Conference Tournament. Boldon’s milestone win also clinched the Bobcats a first-round bye, so Ohio will have three days off before it begins the postseason.

But if Boldon’s accomplishment is any sign, the Bobcats may not be done adding accomplishments to the year.

@anthonyp_2

ap012215@ohio.edu