You could redesign Ohio’s ‘I Voted’ sticker; finalists in OU’s LGBT director search were announced

Today is Wednesday, March 27, 2019. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

If you’ve got some artistic flair or love for the political process, you just might have what it takes to design Ohio’s next ‘I Voted’ sticker.

Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose announced the logo design contest on Monday in a short video. LaRose encourages students to be creative, have fun and to even try working together with their classmates on designs.

Any student in grades six through 12 can submit their best work up until April 28. The only stipulations are that designs are circular and submitted digitally. Once all designs have been submitted, students will have a chance to vote on their favorite. If you’re up for the challenge, designs can be submitted here

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post:

With bars like the Smiling Skull Saloon, biker culture has found a home in Athens. (The Post)

Finalists in Ohio University’s LGBT director search have been announced. (The Post)

A music industry summit and concert will take place Thursday. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Ohio baseball took on Marshall at Bob Wren Stadium yesterday. (The Post)

Women’s basketball will play Western Kentucky in The Convo for the third round of the Women’s National Invitational Tournament. (The Post)

Ohio softball played against Northern Kentucky last night. (The Post)

Podcasts from The Post:

Hosts DJ and Jayse discussed non-romantic college relationships in the latest episode of Tea’d. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Enjoy the sunshine today. Spring is here with a high of 58 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

The U.S. House of Representatives was unable to override President Trump’s national emergency veto. (USA Today)

New online copyright rules in Europe will hit the tech industry hard. (The New York Times)

All charges against Empire actor Jussie Smollett have been dropped. (CNN)

@abblawrence 

am166317@ohio.edu